Thursday, April 21, 2011

glassybaby photo contest

As most of you know, my family has a special love for glassybabies, the Seattle based company known for their special glass blown votives created in every brilliant color of the rainbow.  I think I may have mentioned the company’s goodwill and positive efforts in my blog before but if you’re not aware, glassybaby actually donates a percentage of their profits to those who are undergoing cancer treatment and unable to meet daily needs such as transportation, childcare, or groceries. Today, much of the money donated by glassybaby goes directly toward meeting those basic needs. Each year, the company spreads hope by supporting charities dedicated to health, healing, and quality of life.  Not only are they super cute but I feel like I’m funding a good  cause in addition to purchasing home décor.  I noticed glassybaby is running a photo contest called, fresh from the garden.  Photo entries must feature a glassybaby and have some connection with gardening...although I'm not a big green thumb - I decided to snap a couple shots of the babies I have to enter into the contest.  Here are a few of my favorites:

I planted MINT herbs in this one because the actual color is called mint.  I thought it would be creative to put a new take on “fresh from the garden” and make it an herb garden….with a mint glassybaby!









No comments:

Post a Comment