Thursday, May 5, 2011

Calgary

It was a great visit to Calgary and I was pleasantly surprised to find the city is actually pretty cool.  I didn’t have much time to explore as I was there two short days for work but I was able to see some of the downtown and surrounding suburbs.  The purpose of my trip was a Microsoft video shoot (if you know me well, you know I do many of these and love them).  For this case, we found a small company based out of Calgary who tweeted about their experience with Microsoft products vs. the competition.  Once we were able to get in contact with the business owner, we arranged a case study and video.  I am sure several PR activities will come to this company once the video is released which is an excellent opportunity for a small business to take advantage of.  Because this particular company is so mobile, they were able to close their office and now all work remote, something I can relate to.  Typically when we do a video shoot we conduct the interviews at the corporate HQ in a conference room or office.  This case was totally different as we did the job in the CEO’s kitchen! 
We then followed the two interviewees around town, documenting a typical day consisting of client visits, meetings at coffee shops, communication via mobile device and commute.  This video was unique and I can’t wait to see it come to fruition!  I am now at the Calgary airport sipping on some coffee and waiting for my flight to Seattle.  Funny thing I noticed today going through customs – a sign featuring a large parrot that says, “please don’t smuggle me, I might be sick.”  Who smuggles a parrot?  Knowing African Grey parrot in my family, there are multiple reasons why I believe this would be impossible but there must have been some issue in the past to warrant the sign, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment